ADAPTIVE AND VERY TOLERANT
From decorative packaging to flamboyant cars through flawless walls, inks, varnishes and paints require a lot of attention in the control of enduction, spraying, dipping or gravure processes.
Coatings vary in thickness and appearance depending on a specific combination of solid particles and fluid. To achieve perfect properties, it is critical to consider their viscosity by monitoring its flow and shape. The rheology of a coating depends on the solvent environment, the presence of thickeners or additives, and even the properties of the pigments or fillers.
For example, a high quality paint must keep the right properties for ease of application and also have a good drying process. In this area, consistency is key: paint that is too liquid will run and drip and paint that is too thick will clump and not dry evenly.
The best way to guarantee quick and good return on investment of coating processes is through quality excellence and drift-free, real-time viscosity management. Specially designed to meet this need, our process viscometers are equipped with the world’s first tuning-type sensor based on a resonance frequency system for ensuring the highest level of quality.
Our sensors are used in many coating applications
Adhesive on wallpaper – Film on special paper – Varnish on electronic components (PCB) – Automotive varnish – Solvent-based varnish – White paper – PTFE – Spray coating – Staining – Metallic coating
Car paint – Spray paint – Enamel – Engine paint – High gloss paint – Metallic paint
Ink printing – Magnetic ink – Special ink (aluminium / plastics) – Water based ink – Continuous / Digital / Laser / Inkjet – Flexographic printing – Hot stamping – Mirror silvering – Offset / Photoengraving / Screen printing – Platen – Pressing – Rollers
Glues – Starch glue – Hot melts – Adhesive tapes
EASING YOUR PROCESSES
COATINGS COMMON CONSTRAINTS
• Material waste due to improper recipe blending for multi-components formulations.
• Product evolution due to solvent evaporation.
• Losses due to excessive product usage.
• Nonconformity due to inhomogeneous or out-of-specification product.
OUR SOLUTIONS ALLOW:
• To provide coating and painting quality and consistency through homogeneity and uniformity.
• To continuously deliver viscosity and temperature information.
• Compatibility with solvents and water-based formulations.
• High tolerances to particles.
• Easy connection to controllers and installation on coating circulation loops.
• Long term running thank to no wearing parts and very low maintenance.