- to reduce the number of laboratory measurements,
- to have real-time feedback regarding product evolution or stability,
- to optimize process control,
- to control product quality,
- to verify the quality of purchased goods.
- robustness to avoid unnecessary maintenance and downtime
- repeatability to get timely and reliable information
- mountable in any position (directly on reactors or pipes, in tank, on bypass loop, etc.)
- compatible with process conditions (temperature, pressure, corrosion, clogging, etc.)
- safety compliant (FM, ATEX, 3A, PED, etc.)
- instantaneous measurement
- automated functioning
In 1981, Sofraser patented the first viscometer maintained in vibration at its resonance frequency. More than 30 years later, we still use this technology because it has been proven to be the best for process viscosity measurement.
It is the natural vibration frequency of a mechanical system (like a diapason). The resonance frequency allows a system to oscillate with the the greatest amplitude of a vibration. In our system, the amplitude of the vibrating rod is about 0.1 mm.
In Zone 1: II 2GD
Ex db IIC T6..T1 Gb
Ex tb IIIC IP6X T75..T180 Db
In Zone 0: II 1 G
Ex ia IIC T6…T1 Ga