WHY WOULD I NEED A PROCESS VISCOMETER?
- to reduce the number of laboratory measurements,
- to have real-time feedback regarding product evolution or stability,
- to optimize process control,
- to control product quality,
- to verify the quality of purchased goods.
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IN A PROCESS VISCOMETER?
- robustness to avoid unnecessary maintenance and downtime
- repeatability to get timely and reliable information
- mountable in any position (directly on reactors or pipes, in tank, on bypass loop, etc.)
- compatible with process conditions (temperature, pressure, corrosion, clogging, etc.)
- safety compliant (FM, ATEX, 3A, PED, etc.)
- instantaneous measurement
- automated functioning
WHAT TECHNOLOGY IS USED IN SOFRASER VISCOMETERS?
In 1981, Sofraser patented the first viscometer maintained in vibration at its resonance frequency. More than 30 years later, we still use this technology because it has been proven to be the best for process viscosity measurement.
WHAT IS RESONANCE FREQUENCY?
It is the natural vibration frequency of a mechanical system (like a diapason). The resonance frequency allows a system to oscillate with the the greatest amplitude of a vibration. In our system, the amplitude of the vibrating rod is about 0.1 mm.
IF THE INSTRUMENT USES VIBRATION FOR MEASUREMENT, WON'T PROCESS VIBRATIONS DISTURB THE READING?
HOW IS SOFRASER'S SENSOR CALIBRATED?
HOW OFTEN DO I HAVE TO RE-CALIBRATE THE SENSOR?
IS INSTALLING THE VISCOMETER DIFFICULT?
WHAT KIND OF MAINTENANCE IS REQUIRED?
WHAT IF I NEED TO CHECK CALIBRATION?
CAN I MEASURE NON-NEWTONIAN (PSEUDOPLASTIC, THIXOTROPIC, ETC.) FLUIDS?
WHAT ARE THE SENSOR'S LIMITATIONS IN PROCESS?
WHAT MATERIALS AND COATINGS ARE AVAILABLE?
WHAT CERTIFICATIONS DOES YOUR SENSOR HAVE?
DO I NEED SPECIAL SKILLS TO MOUNT THE SENSOR?
WHAT MOUNTINGS ARE AVAILABLE?
IF I CANNOT USE STANDARD MOUNTINGS, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
WHY DO I NEED THE ELECTRONICS?
CAN 1 PLC SUPERVISE SEVERAL SENSORS?
DO THE ELECTRONICS HAVE TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION?
WHAT TYPE OF OUTPUTS/RELAYS DO THE ELECTRONICS HAVE?
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM DISTANCE BETWEEN THE SENSOR AND THE ELECTRONICS?
HOW ARE REPAIRS AND SERVICE HANDLED?
WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE AN ELECTRONICS UNIT BUT KEEP THE SENSOR?
WHERE CAN I FIND MY SERIAL NUMBER?
WHAT FM CLASSIFICATIONS DOES YOUR SENSOR CARRY?
WHAT ATEX CLASSIFICATIONS DOES YOUR SENSOR CARRY?
In Zone 1: II 2GD
Ex db IIC T6..T1 Gb
Ex tb IIIC IP6X T75..T180 Db
In Zone 0: II 1 G
Ex ia IIC T6…T1 Ga