Why measure the viscosity of a fluid?
Viscosity fluid is an important physical characteristic of the majority of liquids manufactured and used in industry. It allows :
- Directly characterize the viscosity fluid quality of the final product (lubricating oils, fuels, inks, paints, …)
- Indirectly characterize a property of use of the final product or in the course of manufacture (dry matter content, Brix, texture of a cheese speciality, polymer size, …)
- Control the progress of physico-chemical reactions during the manufacturing process,
- Ensure the proper functioning of an equipment and guarantee its performance or the quality of the final product (burner, motor, printing machine, …),
- Sizing the equipment (pumps, agitators, …)