Oil & Energy viscometers
UNMATCHABLE PRODUCT QUALITY
Influencing storage, handling, operational conditions, down to transfer and combustion, viscosity is the key parameter for Oil & Energy industry. In order to provide the best end-quality possible for our customers, our process viscometers are designed to indicate not only viscosity, but also density, temperature and temperature-compensated viscosity (TCV).
In refineries and Petrochemical processes, on-site control is of primary importance in regards to product quality. Viscosity is one of the key parameters of many petroleum products.
Nowadays, refineries face different constraints :
- Partial understanding due to lack of monitoring steps
- Viscosity changes with product quality and process temperature
- Difficulty to characterize the behavior of reference products
- Varying origin of crudes and refining methods
- Quality of petroleum products and derivatives depends on viscosity characteristics.
On-line viscosity measurement at reference temperature is needed in refineries for petroleum, oil, liquid hydrocarbons, heavy and light fuel blends. When implementation of an online analyser is not applicable, Temperature Compensated Viscosity (TCV) is a viscosity calculated at constant reference temperature that compensates process temperature variations.
From upstream to downstream, inline viscosity measurement requires the most robust and reliable probes and analyzers. Factory temperature and pressure tests performed on each sensor, under ISO 9001, ensure the highest performance and safety for your process.
Our sensors are used from downhole to combustion
Drilling mud – Mud concentration – Extraction – Logging while drilling (LWD) – Measurement while drilling (MWD)
Refining – Oil Cracking – Visbreaker – Asphalt – Coker – Oil Additive Manufacturing – Bitumen – Crude Oil and Distillate Residue
Fuel Oil Blending – Transfer – Pipeline – Pipe Turbine Meter Correction – Metering – Distribution
Heavy fuel oil (HFO) – Light fuel oil – Marine diesel oil (MDO) High viscosity fuels – Animal fat boilers – Black liquor recovery – Coal ash – Coal sludge – Ethanol
Pump control – Tar control – Oil wear control – Oil contamination control – Pitch coating – Oil clarification – Pitch dilution – Separation of water, sediment and oil
Lubricants – Cutting fluids – Lubricating oils – Mineral oils – Oil additives
EASING YOUR PROCESSES
OIL & ENERGY COMMON CONSTRAINTS
• Quality of petrochemical products and derivatives depends on viscosity characteristics.
• Partial understanding of processes due to lack of monitoring steps.
• Viscosity changes with product quality and process temperature.
• Difficulty to characterize the behavior of reference products.
• Varying origin of crude and refining methods.
• Hazardous environment.
OUR SOLUTIONS ALLOW
• A single sensor able to provide instantaneous measurement and
efficient analysis: dynamic and kinematic viscosity, density and temperature.
• To avoids drift during manufacturing and guarantees end-product quality.
• Direct viscosity calculation at Reference Temperature (TCV).
• Correlation to the ASTM standards.
• Long term running without maintenance and has no wearing parts.
• High pressure and high temperature environments (HPHT).
Viscosity control in marine engine fuels The regulation of fuels spraying – diesel and heavy fuel oil – over wide viscosity; and temperature ranges requires… Read more
In Refineries and Petrochemical processes, on-site control is of primary importance with regards to product quality. The use of reliable viscosity measurement is critical to… Read more
Controlling the viscosity index (VI) of lubricants and hydraulic fluids is an essential step in many manufacturing processes of the petroleum industry. Viscosity and fluidity… Read more